Want Cognitive Business Customization?
Darwin Ecosystem makes it extremely easy to go cognitive!
We offer clients methods to increase value through improved awareness and discovery using technological innovation. Our solutions framework is based on our proprietary Darwin's APIs and IBM’s Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Technologies.
Our team has expertise in business value-driven project management paired with Agile methodology to ensure the effective deployment of meaningful and usable solutions. Our method is designed to ensure the success, buy-in and ownership of the solution by our clients.
Our team forms a true ecosystem of technologists, developers, scientists, and experienced business experts who work together to drive the best outcome, without compromising the innovation that gives our customers a competitive advantage.
Our Professional Services Approach and Methodology
We provide services to organizations seeking to leverage their knowledge capital through the Darwin Awareness Engine. Our approach is based on identifying key collaborative business processes and guiding our clients through the challenges of cultural, technical and process improvement associated with emerging technology opportunities.
The Darwin team and network includes experts in the field of business performance, collaborative best practices, social networking, knowledge management and organizational effectiveness.
Our Business Responsive Method
The method is a structured framework for the delivery of consulting services, with a focus on workgroup dynamics. It contains consistent approaches and techniques that enable the provision of rapid, value-rich solutions to our clients.
There are five key elements of our Business Responsive Method – Innovation Impact, Agile Development, Solution Deployment, Resilience Management and Project Management.
Our Business Responsive Method is flexible, because it employs a set of tools that can be used for any client engagement, large or small, and our method::
- Captures awareness and big data analytics computing “best practices” from industry leaders
- Focuses on the rapid realization of business value
- Supports the provision of a full spectrum of services, from opportunity identification to solution delivery
- Addresses the management of organizational change required for the successful implementation of new practices driven by technology
This element tackles information process reengineering in the context of introducing a solution that addresses your needs and improves the value proposition related to awareness, discovery, and/or big data analytics for your organization. We define Innovation Impact as rethinking and redesigning business processes and/or customer-facing solutions to achieve breakthrough improvements with enabling technology.
- Refinement of the targeted value proposition
- Stakeholder identification buy-in and workshop facilitation
- Process oriented thinking readiness; incorporating the aspects of technology, processes and team into the solution
- Modeling and assessing current processes with the value proposition as the key target
- Breakthrough design to ensure adoption and effective implementation
- Effective use of technology to enable information consumption, communication, interaction and analytic process improvement
- Successful process implementation and its measurements
- Initial project engagement framework and risk assessment with value proposition preliminary validation
Agile Development is defined as jointly building business solutions with our client. It includes concepts such as combined project teams, structured evolutionary development, and managing risk through the user experience life-cycles and baseline measurements.
- Accelerating the learning curve
- Delivering maximum business and technical value quickly
- Ensuring smooth solution deployment
- Ensuring maximum skills transfer
The concept of Agile Iterative Prototyping is presented using the 80/20 rule (presenting 80% of a solution early has more business value than 100% six months later). The team building session’s topics include:
- Protocycle planning
- Building the right team for Agile Development
- Keeping the “structure” in Agile Iterative Prototyping
- Successful risk management
- Issues of project scale
This element describes a process to establish a scaleable technical infrastructure to support the implementation of business solutions. This component uses our knowledge to present experience-based metrics for deployment planning.
Key concepts presented here include “Think big, start small”, synchronized deployment, sustainable operation and support structure.
Objectives of an effective deployment should be:
- Deploy enterprise-wide global systems efficiently and cost-effectively
- Deliver business value early and often
- Leverage existing investment, while creating and deploying new solutions
- Create sustainable operational and support structures
- Position IT for the possibility of “reinventing itself” and for providing additional service such as cloud computing
The method addresses topics relating to planning issues, architectural issues, operations and support considerations. It provides tools to enable up-front planning in each technical focus area, enable alignment with business needs analysis.
Darwin Ecosystem’s operating principle is “If you do it right, you’ll save money. Start wrong and there’ll be expensive fixes needed.”
Resilience Management aims at enabling the rapid, effective, and positive implementation of change. The intention is to enable the acceptance and success of new business systems by managing the human aspects of change. Concepts presented include a constant focus on “people issues”, and skills transfer at all levels. Key messages are that change must be planned and facilitated, people issues must be actively managed, and client management understands they have a specific role to perform – you can’t just let change happen.
Typical awareness and Big Data solution transformation issues are discussed:
- Overcoming the fear of sharing data
- Accepting that unstructured information is not perfect
- Reduction of the chasm in grasping complex analytics as a requirement to understand Big Data value
- Preventing clashes with incompatible corporate cultures
- Undrestanding that individuals are now responsible for getting the information they need
Other aspects covered include measurements, incentives and selection of team members by the client. The following critical success factors are emphasized:
- Insist on active, continuous client participation
- The need for total management commitment
- Exploit every opportunity to communicate
- Get the job done as quickly, effectively and efficiently as possible
Contact us to join the future of business: firstname.lastname@example.org